Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

fudgescyclestore...?

anybody had any dealings with them? any good.. just asking really (as they seem to be doing an excellent deal on SRAM Rival groupsets which im thinking of going for) but i'm just being overly suspicious as it is a lot cheaper than most other online retailers etc

cheers.

link btw

http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

ordered new gruppo monday, got it tuesday. no problems, all as ordered and excellent price.  4

Mossrider | 13 years ago
0 likes

Bought a frame off them over the internet a month back. No problems at all.

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

gone and ordered myself a new gruppo (SRAM Rival) this a.m. so will see what goes, mind you did feel a bit bad for the LBS but what can yo do when its nearly £250/300 notes cheaper on the net, (still i do spend a fair whack in there on bits etc so dont feel too bad about it)

Jonty79 | 13 years ago
0 likes

I've come across their store on ebay and bought a few bits n pieces from them. Likewise I felt was a bit concerned as they were so cheap. Everything arrived as described and quickly which is all you need really!

nick_rearden | 13 years ago
0 likes

Don't do modern stuff? Have you looked at the website? http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/ They seem like a pretty good all-round shop. It's true that some folks don't like bike shops that sell baskets and the like alongside their Hope disc brakes but hey........

Zaskar replied to nick_rearden | 13 years ago
0 likes
Nick Rearden wrote:

Don't do modern stuff? Have you looked at the website? http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/ They seem like a pretty good all-round shop. It's true that some folks don't like bike shops that sell baskets and the like alongside their Hope disc brakes but hey........

I didn't mean Fudges Cycles I meant LBS elsewhere but with the idea to support little shops like Fudges cycles.

Fudges Rival cranks are cheap too.

Zaskar | 13 years ago
0 likes

My old LBS from kiddy days is still going on strong but its a shame they don't do modern stuff... but need a 5spd wheel to restore a 80's classic.

But if you go in, bloke pops up from nowhere covered in oil and with a cockney accent "Can I help?".
I wonder if in the last 30 yrs he has the same oil and clothes on...if only he sold modern bling bike bits!

I'd rather choose LBS than Halfrauds.

Fudges cycles have been polite on every dumb question I have asked them and I order my Rival brakes from them.

nick_rearden | 13 years ago
0 likes

Although it's not my neck of the woods any more they've always been around and it appears they're in the same family ownership. You can draw your own conclusions about how slick they're likely to be viz a viz the big mailorder names but they're good people and unlikely to do you. Probably just trying to do what all nice old school local bike shops are trying to do and that's learn some new skills while taking care of business. Good on 'em.

Fringe replied to nick_rearden | 13 years ago
0 likes
Nick Rearden wrote:

..but they're good people and unlikely to do you... .

cheers for that nick! as i dont like to be 'done'!, most likely i'll plump for them.

Zaskar | 13 years ago
0 likes

I have rang them a few times for pedals and have found them offering good advice.

Aye looked at their Sram prices a few weeks ago too.

Wouldn't mind some Rival Brakes!

Fringe | 13 years ago
0 likes

yeah i must admit the photos and colour scheme dont really help..

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

does the colour scheme and layout remind you of any other online cycle retailers?  4

i haven't personally had any dealings with them, no.

Latest Comments