Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon prices EUR vs GBP

I'm considering a Canyon as a spring bike purchase, but at the moment the £ prices seem very overinflated vs the € equivalents.

Has anyone ever managed to pay for a Canyon in euros for delivery to a UK address?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

matthewn5 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Someone in ROI needs to start a forwarding service to the UK! Come on, business opportunity for an enterprising bike enthusiast. Or you can go and pick it up there and take the ferry and train home.

Cyclespeed Tours | 8 years ago
0 likes

There is absolutely no reason why a company the size of Canyon cannot manage their own exchange risk properly and not shaft the customer like this.

Personally, I would look elsewhere.....

The _Kaner | 8 years ago
1 like

I am quite the opposite (and happy/pleased for once), I can take advantage of the € price here in Ireland.

Endurace CF7.0 SL €1699...converted to £sterling is £1,194.31 vs the GB price of £1399 which converts to €1990.54...so the best part of €300 saved for me...when it's normally the worst for us € users because we get shafted converting to sterling. 

Just a pity the model/size I'm looking for isn't listed in the black Friday sale...

pruaga | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd seen some older threads on here discussing various ways people had convinced Canyon to do it, but nothing recent.

The email response from canyon was

Quote:

In line with many other major brands Canyon prices its products specifically for each local market. This allows us to have a fixed price in each market for the whole season, and not expose customers to any exchange rate fluctuations.

So if you are buying a bike for delivery in the UK, the only way to do this is to pay in GBP/£ at the price shown on our website. Orders for the delivery to the ROI are priced in Euros.

It's not possible for orders that ship to the UK to be processed using the advertised Euro price, just the GBP one.

I might look into a trip to europe for a collection/holiday...

jollygoodvelo | 8 years ago
0 likes

I worked out I could drive to Koblenz, stay overnight, pick up the bike having paid in Euros and drive home for less than the UK price in pounds.  YMMV but I live in Essex.

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Search on here for that - there's been a few forum threads discussing it. Short answer is yes.

Latest Comments