Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

In Praise Of Halfords Customer Service. This Is Not A Drill!

Gore gloves were in a flash sale for £10 reduced from £39. I went to collect them and they'd sent the wrong size. Lass apologises, although she has no need to, and re-orders them in the correct size with expediated delivery into store.

A week later I go to collect them and they've still not arrived. The lass phones HO and they tell her they are out of stock despite the onlibe system saying they are "being picked".

She then proceeds to tell me that I can order anything up to the value of £50 and have it for £10.

Top customer service from a company that is often shockingly shite.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Toffeeblue | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good to hear of some good old fashioned quality customer service, I frequently visit and buy items from my local Halfords branch, who are knowledge,friendly and offer sound advise, I've tried many of the LBS in my area, but from my own experiences I still go back to Halfords,by choice,which says a lot really.

climber | 8 years ago
0 likes

'she' and 'Halfords' arent the same thing. I agree she did her best but you (S13SFC) said "Top customer service from a company" which is bollocks. 

brooksby | 8 years ago
3 likes

I think the other commenters are being a bit unfair here.  At least the woman in Halfords attempted to salvage the situation somehow, and if the OP was happy with that then fair do's.

Far too many staff in shops have that whole "computer says no" attitude and just suck their teeth and say it's not their problem.

S13SFC replied to brooksby | 8 years ago
1 like

brooksby wrote:

I think the other commenters are being a bit unfair here.  At least the woman in Halfords attempted to salvage the situation somehow, and if the OP was happy with that then fair do's.

Far too many staff in shops have that whole "computer says no" attitude and just suck their teeth and say it's not their problem.

Exactly. Halfords are shite but the lass in question made the effort to reslove a situation that wasn't of her making and when she couldn't then she offered recompense, which again she didn't have to.

Customer service is sadly lacking in many places but she was excellent.

The thing that made me really smile was that I really didn't need the gloves, they would have gone in the draw until required in the years ahead so the bonus £40 is just that, a bonus.

Ended up with a Lezyne Macro Drive 600XL Front Light for £10 so I'm more than happy.

climber | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd say it's another example of being shite, and so not really shocking at all. 

rjfrussell | 8 years ago
0 likes

A worthy attempt at retrieving a ghastly situation- but over a week and you fail to get what you want?  I think a fairly basic element of customer service is that you place your order and then, promptly, receive your goods.  

I don't know what your job is, but if you always have such an optmistic outlook on life, can you volounteer to solve the Middle East crisis?  Or reconcile Jez and his MPs?

foot_loose | 8 years ago
0 likes

So you can have any item apart from the one you actually wanted (subject of course to them having it in stock and being able to send the right item / size).

Latest Comments