Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Btwin triban 500 se or giant defy 3 2015

Hi, I'm looking to buy my 1st road bike to use both for commuting in London (8miles each way) and for weekend riding.
I've read loads on here already about different options and the btwin triban 500 se gets good reviews. My only concern is some of the parts ie microshift vs shimano.
The 2 options I'm considering are the triban 500 se (£299) or the giant defy 3 2015 model (£399) .
Does anyone have experience of these or can you shine some light on whether the giant is better with shimano sora groupset? The triban has a carbon fork but not sure how much difference this makes.
Also open to other recommendations in the sub £400 range.
Thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Speet0 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, I've got a 2013 model Felt Z95 (Sora) that's done me well for the last couple of years - currently £389.40 from Wiggle.  I've been using it for weekly commutes (46 mile round trip hence occasional), weekend riding and used it for RideLondon last year and Velothon Wales this year. I hadn't ridden for years but had no issues getting used to it.

Latest Comments