Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sportive Advice

Hi there,

Looking for some tips. Cycling previously limited to triathlons - so just flat TTs really - but looking to branch out into road cycling after ACL reconstruction scuppered running plans.

Looking to enjoy the more social side of cycling as well, time to enjoy things a bit more. Having said that I am pretty fit and want to stay that way. Anyway, with all that in mind - what are the 'must do' sportives in UK? I am in South Wales and know there are a few round here. Not afraid of a challenge - but want a good atmosphere too.

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers,

Rhod

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

The Dartmoor Classic is great, tough, but the atmosphere is brilliant.
Don't think anyone has mentioned the Fred Whitton yet. If it isn't the toughest, it is the yardstick against which all the others are judged.
I love Ridelondon, the sheer number of bikes, the closed roads and the London landmarks are just the best day out on a bike you can have. You go hard for 95 miles, you're knackered, and then you're on the Embankment with Admiralty Arch and Pall Mall around the corner, and you go again like a mad bastard.

Dr_Lex | 8 years ago
0 likes

LVIS Audax in Bristol? Look to be a few places left - http://audax.lvis.org.uk

Woldsman | 8 years ago
0 likes

This new one in North Yorkshire looks interesting:

http://www.ridethestruggle.com

A bit 'lumpy', as they say  1

wycombewheeler | 8 years ago
0 likes

dragon ride

velothon

ride london

postmandick | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi you have the wye valley challenge at the begining of the year .... you will be surounded by like-minded cyclist ...... do stop at the feed stations and go at your own pace ...... and if you can get onto it Dartmore is a 'challenge' 

enjoy wink

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Greatest is probably the London Prudential 100. Any event where thousands turn up and have an interesting course.

Latest Comments