Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A portable bike stand for cycle entusiasts - Student Research

Hello,

For my GCSE, I need to take a survey on views for my product, in this case a portable bike stand.

Please could you answer my survey, it only has about 10 questions and shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes. Data will be used for anonymised analysis (the most personal question is age bracket) in my coursework.

Here's the link: https://eSurv.org?u=tombikestand or, if that doesn't work https://eSurv.org?s=LLMMIG_8c6460f0

Thanks for your time,
Tom

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

hawkinspeter | 8 years ago
0 likes

The spelling looks fine to me, so I guess he's fixed that.

I wasn't sure about the question regarding distance travelled - is that average per week or average per ride? (I assumed it was average per ride).

squeekychain | 8 years ago
0 likes

Done it.

Everyone sounds a bit negative. tbh I didnt notice the spelling although would suggest fixing it as it does lend a better image.

Personal opion is that I wouldnt take a stand out when cycling anyway though. Tend to use rigid, strong, stable stands at home for cleaning and derailleur tuning. Would never choose to do that out on a ride so wouldnt take a stand with me. Also you would struggle getting the above requirements into something that was portable enough to take with you anyway.

Are you making the above product or just designing/researching? Do you see a need for this product in the marketplace?

Enjoy the work. I designed a guitar for my GCSE project. No actual need for it but I wanted to see if I could - it was hard!

jollygoodvelo | 8 years ago
0 likes

You really need to spell check that.

Missing out CX bike is slightly odd if you're making a distinction between types of hybrids.

I have no idea why your age groupings need to be so granular, even real companies don't target their products at such tight age groups.

"Whick of the below features would you consider essential to solve this problem?"  What problem?

I don't have a stand.

Really, really spell check it.

rasalati replied to jollygoodvelo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Gizmo_ wrote:

What problem?

"Problem" is on the first page. I was confused at this question, too. One thing to realise when writing surveys is that people skim read!

Quote:

This survey is about solving the need for a stand for your bike when you're on the road and don't want to risk damaging your bike by leaning its back wheel on a wall or just letting it collapse onto the grass.

Maybe your first question should be "Do you think that ... is a problem?"

Personally, I don't. If I'm out and have to take a wheel off, I'll turn the bike upside down. If stopping for another reason, then I'll lean the bike against a wall / fence. But that will be leant against the saddle / handlebars (hoods), not the back wheel.

It's not something I'd carry around just to "protect" my bike, but I do have a "flash stand" for use at home as a workstand, as I don't have the room for a full stand. I might consider a kick stand if I ever go touring.

Simon E replied to rasalati | 8 years ago
0 likes

rasalati wrote:

Maybe your first question should be "Do you think that ... is a problem?"

Survey/questionnaire design is a bit of a black art. People invariably don't think about it enough.

No excuses for poor spelling.

If turning my bike upside-down when on a ride I'll take care as to what the STI hoods are resting on and, if the tyres are dirty, I'll try not to transfer the dirt off my hands to the bars etc. But I'd not carry a stand of any kind. I had a kickstand on my first full-size bike in my teens but haven't felt the need for one since then.

Latest Comments