Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Turbo trainer

Hi all, first time user on this site and only just started cycling, because of work and winter weather closing in I'm looking at a bkool turbo one trainer, If anyone has any feedback would help please, also do I need to sign up for there simulater not sure if I need this or have to pay for it need help really guys thanks,  Sid 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

StraelGuy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Sidari, I've got a Cyclops Fluid 2 for sale if you're anywhere near the Liverpool / Manchester area? I bought and then realised I prefer sticking a few more clothes on and risking the snow and ice. You could take it away for £150?

CXR94Di2 replied to StraelGuy | 8 years ago
0 likes
guyrwood wrote:

Hi Sidari, I've got a Cyclops Fluid 2 for sale if you're anywhere near the Liverpool / Manchester area? I bought and then realised I prefer sticking a few more clothes on and risking the snow and ice. You could take it away for £150?

I believe the cyclops is compatible with bkool. To get the full experience you need to have a magnetic drive turbo controlled by BSIM for gradient changes

Sidari | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the info cxr94di2 is the ant + dongle something I need to buy , sorry for being a bit vacant!

CXR94Di2 replied to Sidari | 8 years ago
0 likes
Sidari wrote:

Thanks for the info cxr94di2 is the ant + dongle something I need to buy , sorry for being a bit vacant!

Yes it's a small usb device. Ypu csn get them from wiggle and other suppliers. Mine is actually a garmin ant+ dongle but works perfectly.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I use Bkool with my kickr trainer. To get all the bells and whistles you need to pay (£6.50/month) you can use the free version but it limits its interactive aspects.

On your computer you need a ant+ dongle to connect to the trainer. Download BSIM software - this is the software that communicates with the trainer and displays your workout. BSIM allows you to join other live sessions and watch others workout and use uploaded rides from garmin or strava.

The bkool website allows you to see your previous workouts, schedule your next workout, create workouts etc. You can see that accessing a workout can be done from both but BSIM is used to actually do the workout.

I absolutely love the interactive aspect, there are thousands of rides from all over the world, always some one to ride with (if you want to)

Join the full membership, you will not regret it if you want to start cycling. Your fitness will come on so much quicker with a turbo and simulator. Next spring and summer will feel great with a new level of fitness.

I ride between 3 to 5 times a week sometimes over 150 miles in the week.

Latest Comments