Home

Has anyone managed to fit proper mudguards (not Crudcatcher or similar) to a PX Pro?

Front doesn't matter as I'd use proper "winter" forks, but I want to know if your standard SKS type will fit. Eyelets aren't a problem either as you can get them band things. 

8 comments

hucko003 [21 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

You could try SKS Raceblades that clip on, they should fit fine. However as it is a carbon frame, I would be weary of fitting mudguards onto it. 

dazwan [323 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I've just fitted a pair of raceblade longs (NOT the XL version) quite sturdy (as good as the chromoplastics on my other bike and far better than Crud's IMO). Can be had for around £40 mark, make sure you get the v2 as they appear to allow for wider tyres (a whopping 25mm, compared to the old 23mm clearance).

http://road.cc/content/review/50952-sks-raceblade-long-mudguards#sthash....

sheldon-san [1 post] 1 year ago
1 like

Try Portland Design Works, you get full coverage and it easily clears the down tube.

monkeytrousers [125 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Those look delightful.

You realise you've opened up a whole different bag of grapfruits with those for the touring bike. I'll have to get them in under the radar for that price!

Cheers for that. laugh

dazwan [323 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
sheldon-san wrote:

Try Portland Design Works, you get full coverage and it easily clears the down tube.

I wanted the PDW guards, but the price put me off. Maybe for the next set I'll look at these.

youngoldbloke [121 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

NB the PDW guards might fit under the forks but not fit under, or between, all brands of brake calipers. I bought a set for my Ribble 7005SL and they would not fit between the Veloce Skeleton calipers.

Cycle Cat [1 post] 1 month ago
0 likes
sheldon-san wrote:

Hi Sheldon. I'm thinking of adding a pair to my Pro Carbon and was wondering how it worked out for you a year on? Did you have any problems with clearence on the back wheel as mine looks very tight to be adding a guard? 

Cheers.

Kevin.

Liam Whyte [5 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
hucko003 wrote:

You could try SKS Raceblades that clip on, they should fit fine. However as it is a carbon frame, I would be weary of fitting mudguards onto it. 

Get these guards, i have them on my Pro Carbon for over a year and haven't had any issues at all.

I ride 23c tyres though, but i don't think with the bar under the calipers that you'll get a bigger tyre on, although i haven't tried.