I have been enlightened...

by lard   January 21, 2009  

...to how much my fitness has dropped off.

I have followed the stereotype and allowed myself to become lazy over the start of the winter.

It all started well with going on the rollers 3-4 times a week but that slipped by the middle of december and today was the first time on the bike since then (shameful I know)

To say i deserved to suffer is fair enough but i had forgotten how much cycling can hurt. For the first time in a long long time I actually had to stop to save me from falling over.

The one benefit of this is that it's given me a kick up the arse to get it together and shift the weight and get fighting fit again.

The revolution has started...

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I've hardly been out on my wheel for a few weeks now, us smaller rodents don't get on that well with ice, snow and the like, by rights I should be hibernating…

Anyway I reckon we should start some sort of metric century challenge, but for weight loss… I could do with dropping a kilo or so (yeah, I'm a very 'big-boned' hamster).
Surprise Confused

Spinning on a wheel

Hammy's picture

posted by Hammy [97 posts]
21st January 2009 - 19:06

like this
Like (0)

It seems to be a common thread when talking to people over the winter.

A lot of people at our club have not done as much training and are having a slower start to 2009.

As per my other thread, I have been mixing up the turbo with some running and just riding when I feel like it.

It could be the mental effects of the first bad winter we have had for a few years (in terms of temperature).

Let's hope for some motivation in spring time.

jimmythecuckoo's picture

posted by jimmythecuckoo [1184 posts]
23rd January 2009 - 12:57

like this
Like (0)