Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

I have been enlightened...

...to how much my fitness has dropped off.

I have followed the stereotype and allowed myself to become lazy over the start of the winter.

It all started well with going on the rollers 3-4 times a week but that slipped by the middle of december and today was the first time on the bike since then (shameful I know)

To say i deserved to suffer is fair enough but i had forgotten how much cycling can hurt. For the first time in a long long time I actually had to stop to save me from falling over.

The one benefit of this is that it's given me a kick up the arse to get it together and shift the weight and get fighting fit again.

The revolution has started...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Hammy | 15 years ago
0 likes

I've hardly been out on my wheel for a few weeks now, us smaller rodents don't get on that well with ice, snow and the like, by rights I should be hibernating…

Anyway I reckon we should start some sort of metric century challenge, but for weight loss… I could do with dropping a kilo or so (yeah, I'm a very 'big-boned' hamster).
 13  7

James Warrener replied to Hammy | 15 years ago
0 likes

It seems to be a common thread when talking to people over the winter.

A lot of people at our club have not done as much training and are having a slower start to 2009.

As per my other thread, I have been mixing up the turbo with some running and just riding when I feel like it.

It could be the mental effects of the first bad winter we have had for a few years (in terms of temperature).

Let's hope for some motivation in spring time.

Latest Comments