Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

tweaked web layout

So much better to have the forum recent topics/ posts on the side bar on most pages.  Well done!!  It almost feels like the forum (one of the best bits of road.cc- taking nothing away from the jounalism of course) is back.  

Any chance of getting same on the main front page?  Would be even better still.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

Nat Jas Moe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Much improvment lately but still issues with the photo's thread as no matter what I can't see the new photo's newest first doesn't do it trying to go to page 1 well thats just plain frustraating as you can't get to it. So come on guys lets get it sorted so I can window shop again.

Carton | 8 years ago
1 like

The tweaks have been great. Oldest first, no auto-subscribe, latest comments/posts. I still think the home page isn't quite there yet, but this has been a very good start. In any case it's great to see that the site listens to its commentators, and puts in the extra effort after what must've been a lot of hard work with the platform migration.

thesaladdays replied to Carton | 8 years ago
0 likes
Carton wrote:

The tweaks have been great. Oldest first, no auto-subscribe, latest comments/posts. I still think the home page isn't quite there yet, but this has been a very good start. In any case it's great to see that the site listens to its commentators, and puts in the extra effort after what must've been a lot of hard work with the platform migration.

Definitely lots of improvements lately, but have to agree about the startpage.  For me, the varying widths and heights of the story boxes (or whatever they're called) are chaotic, and as a result I tend to gloss over much of the content without really reading it.  Maybe I'm boring, could be the result of professional life spent using spreadsheets and whatnot, but I like things in standardised formats and lists, otherwise I find myself getting frustrated and not sticking around as long. 

Wardy74 | 8 years ago
1 like

I for one (though I suspect more) am glad "Oldest first" is back as the default comments setting. I suspect most of us on here are not of the twitter/facebook/latest hashtag/ADHD must be bang up-to-date generation, and are quite capable of following through the narrative of the arguments and opinions. And it saves me a couple of clicks.

CygnusX1 | 8 years ago
1 like

And commenting on this hasn't resulted in an automatic subscription to spam emails telling me someone else has made a comment as well !! laugh

Okay in that case .... i think helmets for cyclists are <insert opposing view to your own> - discuss....angel

no! don't! think of the children (and their delicate little skulls)

Leviathan | 8 years ago
1 like

Hmm... start a helmet debate and see how long it runs for.

CygnusX1 replied to Leviathan | 8 years ago
1 like
Leviathan wrote:

Hmm... start a helmet debate and see how long it runs for.

Don't, please just don't.

On the PLUS side comments are OLDEST FIRST ! Hurray!!!!

Kadinkski | 8 years ago
1 like

This place is slowly dying. All the interesting commentators have left. Its actually quite an interesting case study in how not to go about a web refresh. Literally every single step of the process has been a mistake. It makes me feel quite sad. 

Tony Farrelly replied to Kadinkski | 8 years ago
1 like

Kadinkski wrote:

This place is slowly dying. All the interesting commentators have left. Its actually quite an interesting case study in how not to go about a web refresh. Literally every single step of the process has been a mistake. It makes me feel quite sad. 

…you're still here though

giff77 replied to Kadinkski | 8 years ago
1 like
Kadinkski wrote:

i think though it ebbs and flows. At least that's my perception. There's a few that have dropped off in the past through one thing and another then suddenly resurface.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
4 likes

we've just switched them over actually so comments is at the top. more tweaks on the way.

rjfrussell | 8 years ago
0 likes

fuller comments if you scroll down further

Leviathan | 8 years ago
1 like

Hmm, just topic headings, and very small, and still so faint. Too little too late it seems. Traffic on the site can't help but be down.

Tony Farrelly replied to Leviathan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Leviathan wrote:

Hmm, just topic headings, and very small, and still so faint. Too little too late it seems. Traffic on the site can't help but be down.

Actually it's up

Latest Comments