Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

[POLL] Chain Lube! What's Your Go-To?

[POLL]

I'm from Orlando, living in Gainesville and I just bought my first real bike for commuting. Getting started with all of this can be overwhelming but I'm having a lot of fun with it and I'm excited! 

I'm in the market for some chain lube. Before I make any purchase I wanted to get an idea of what people are using in different climates and see what is overall most popular. So I setup a poll with a pretty extensive list of chain lubricants in an attempt to account for the broad spectrum of different products out there.  I live on Central Florida so I need something pretty versatile. Ease of cleaning and application frequency are my two biggest concerns. Cleaning and lubing to me isn't a big chore so I don't mind more frequent application, but I don't want to be wiping down a black chain all the time either.

I think I'm leaning toward the wax and polymer based lubes, RnR Gold, Dumonde and Boeshield are the most appealing to me at this point.

What type of lubricant do you find works best for your climate? Where are you located? How many miles before reapplication in muddy/wet or dusty/dry conditions? What do you use remove your lube for deep cleaning?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Please feel free to share this poll with your friends/community, the more data we have the better!

https://www.wedgies.com/question/56412f5c7032d62f00000494

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Kiiwiiz | 8 years ago
0 likes

I realize this list might be pretty American, so let me know if there are any popular products I should add that I have not heard of!

Latest Comments