Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Michelin Lithion 2, any thoughts?

I'm after some 25c tyres for winter and saw these cheap on Wiggle?

Anyone have any experience of them? The reviews seem favourable but I never really trust 'em! Anyone have any real world experience?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Batchy | 8 years ago
1 like

I reckon that Lithion 2s for the money are quite frankly the best you can get. I use 23mm ones and they are extremely hard wearing, good in the wet and fairly puncture resistant. They also roll well and for £24 per PAIR what more do you want.

Simon E | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good quality tyre with, I would say, most of the properties of the Pro4 Endurance.

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a set on a heavy old bike in the garage that gets rolled out occasionally... Used it to commute to work for a few weeks and also a few training rides in the summer.

As BryanZW says, they are certainly a bit sticky when rolling compared to Conti's but for the price, they are reasonably good set of tyres. I think I picked up 2 tyres & 2 tubes for £20 off FleaBay.

There is also very little in the way of traction tread on the tyres, so with winter approaching, you may be better with a set of these.

BryanZW | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've ridden on it a few times. It definitely does not roll as well as 'better' tires but for the price it's as good as it gets (i rode 23c). Not sure about puncture resistence. I would recommend the pro4 endurance range - has the best balance of grip and rolling resistance + as the name suggests, it will last a while! 

Latest Comments