Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brake Inserts

with the weather going south i've just realised how shockingly bad my brakes are, in wet weather.

think they're best changed before i break a leg!

can i ask what road brake pads might be good please, for alloy rims?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

I use Koolstop salmons on my bike with rim brakes, been pretty happy with them.  They need sanding to remove the glaze every 250km or so.

Batchy | 8 years ago
0 likes

You need SwissStop pads. The Green ones are awesome wet or dry on aluminum rims. Believe me I've tried any amount of brands over the years and tens of thousands of miles winter and summer and SwissStop pads are THE only ones I use nowadays. They may appear to be expensive but out last and out perform all the others.

Jaynana | 8 years ago
0 likes

thanks, Kool Stop Salmons - Campy spec ordered! 

i'm currently on Aztecs, can sell to anyone who wants - just 2 weeks of usage.

Simon E | 8 years ago
0 likes

Kool Stop Dura 2 dual compound for me.

Have tried Shimano, 2 different Aztec compounds and Fibrax but none work better or are as kind to rims as the KS.

But you still have to keep them and the cables in good order.

BTW if anyone wants a pair of Aztec standard inserts or 2 pairs of their Road Plus inserts I have a set of each - £2 and £5 posted respectively. Used but are in great condition with lots of life left, they cost me £5 and £14.

Latest Comments