Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Waterproof Jackets & Training - Sportful Hot Pack Norain vs Goretex etc

I currently have a Sportful Hot Pack Norain Stretch Jacket but am thinking of upgrading to something like the Sportful Goretex Survival Jacket, has anyone any experience of both or of either of these types of jackets? 

The packable Hot Pack Norain is okay and saved me more than once when the weather turns whilst out on long rides but it does get a sweaty during training. If I'm heading out to train in the rain would different materials be any better? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Nixster | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sportful Bodyfit Pro WS jacket is great but you will eventually get wet if it's raining hard, although I don't mind so much if I'm warm, personally.  It's also fairly short, not much longer than a normal jersey. A Gabba is the other obvious suggestion but I've no experience with one myself.

There is no such thing as a completely waterproof and breathable jacket in all honesty. Your choices if riding hard are either wet from the rain or wet from sweating (or I guess a bit of both).  The Bodyfit jacket gives pretty good rain protection and pretty good breathability so I find it a good compromise. Clearly other brands are available!

sethpistol | 8 years ago
0 likes

To be honest you'd be better going for something softshell if you are heading out in the rain and riding hard, the Survival is meant for it's namesake, if it's super cold, very wet and you need to keep bodyheat in it is perfect, for riding hard and getting rid of heat without getting too sweaty you are better with something like the Fiandre Extreme or Fiandre NoRain Jacket. Some of the softshells aren't totally waterproof but that's the trade off between breathability and water proofing...

Latest Comments