Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

my BSO topic.. Carrera crixus 2.

It all began in about 1986, my brother had new Bmxs, and one from oobido discount shop,(remember them), I wanted a Raleigh Team Banana bike but was out of reach for my mums Grattan catalogue at the time, I think it was 180 quid, so living in Runcorn(my apologies again), I ended up with if memory serves me correctly a 55 quid Halfords orange sturmey archer 3 speed road bicycle apparently, thunderbird or something, never saw one after that, probably a good thing, fast forward 20 years n a relative although I appeared grateful bought me a Universal Mantis bike, probably made from bits of Brunels ship they found on a beach in the Wirral, needless to say I reverted back to cars and motorbikes at this stage of my life, well tbh I've bought a Carrera, a Crixus cx2, the staff in my local Halfords, are really helpful, which has been a shock, and I have to the best of my limited abilty upgraded it, I just want to gather your thoughts as to what next, I know its a bit of a Bso, but for one of them it looks and rides ok, I'm thinking of a Boardman next as apparently the range is changing in November but is it worth spending double the Carrera money for something that the Carrera for all the bit of an upgrade to a Carbon forked bike would give as I don't ride that often, oh and a quick ps, my brother is passing me once he digs it out the shed a Raleigh Kelloggs Pro Tour, apparently unused for decades, any ideas most welcome, thanks for reading.. Aj.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Toffeeblue | 8 years ago
0 likes

as is now.

Latest Comments