Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

D Seat post rear light

ive just bought a giant defy which has their D fuse seat post. I've no idea if this is any more effective than a regular seat post but one downside i have encountered is mounting rear lights. I just tried to mount an exposure trace r light and whilst it does wrap around the seat post the mount assumes it will be flush against a spherical seat post which is not the case with the D style post. The light therefore rotates horizontally during the ride which is not good. 

Can anyone recommend a rear light (or mount) that will work with a non standard seat post? I'm thinking to use a saddle rail mount but this will mean losing my saddle bag

many thanks

Toby

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

thobson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Photo showing how I adapted the mount ...

thobson | 8 years ago
0 likes

The sugru tip proved to work well. I used Sugru to fill in the concave mount so it fits flush to my seat post and now it's very stable.

Poptart242 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I had the same issue and ended up mounting a cateye xx to my seat stay, super bright so I'm not worried about it being a little lower. Also I've no idea why the pic is rotated... New site formatting?

thobson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the tip about Sugru, I'm going to give that a go

monty dog | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sugru is your friend - simply attach and mould to the light of your choice

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

Check with Giant. I have a Propel which has an aero seat post (think that is different to the D post?) but they have a specific light for it; I am guessing they are clever enough to have something tailored to your seat post. Mine was about 22 quid

Latest Comments