Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Tours

Last game of the season?  22 Well, all good things must come to an end!  1 Beautiful Season! Thanks, guys! Oh, It doesn't seem like these riders are available in the game - Frederic Frison, Antwan Tolhoek and Twan Castelijns  39 ...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

naffets | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks to dave and the rest of the fantasy crew
A great game and past time . Well done to Tony on the overall

cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well, guys, here's my disastrous last day of the season: I got zero points for Paris - Tours (with 3 changes), I stupidly dropped from 1st to 4th in the Abu Dhabi overall (simply because, out of spite, I refused to take Palini on because he wasn't in the game at all, not even in the all riders list, when I made my team for stage 1), and, to top it all, I dropped out of the top 10 in the season overall...  102  24 I guess this will make me come back more hungry next year  45 ... if there will be a next year, because I get the feeling the game is beginning to stale a bit for everyone (both organizers and players, I mean)... Anyway, thanks for the work put in, guys, and I hope there will be a next year, because I've had fun in the past 5 years or so... cheers to everyone

enrique replied to cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

... if there will be a next year..

There will be...  1 The game is too good and too addicting...  1 TER's very much into it, it's Dave's baby, and what would G do with his free time?  1 Just kidding, of course!  1

cgipryan wrote:

I get the feeling the game is beginning to stale a bit...

Hmmm...  39 You know a little option what revitalize the game and would make it exciting for everyone again?  4 The return of penalty transfers!  1

cgipryan wrote:

... thanks for the work put in, guys... cheers to everyone

Amen!  1

tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks TER, my mistake, not drastic as it turns out.

I’d like to thank you and Dave and his team for running the game, which in its complexity, goes some way to mirroring the incredible complexity of a stage race.

Thanks for the congrats cpigryan; its been a long hard year; wouldn't put in that effort again; I aquired the "yellow jersey" in Oman and felt compelled to "honour it" (as they say) as hard as I could.

Proverb; “the harder he worked, the luckier he got".

Cheers to all
Tony kappler

runaroundsioux | 8 years ago
0 likes

Oh bad luck Tony ... you will now only win by about 400 points. Well done mate, you can now go and have that holiday. The boys from "down under" strike again.
Congratulations. Bring on 2016.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Deadline didnt close early, I deliberately set them up so they would be before times before the start of the race, as Autumn classics has been open for 2 months and I didnt have start times for all the races, so rather then mess people about due to the stages not being day after day, they were all set for the same time, and people would then know well in advance of when the deadline was, as I also potentially didnt have the time to keep on top of it, so played it as safe as I could for the earliest needed race start, so apologise for that, I thought I was avoiding any deadline problems

cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes

The win in the Autumn Classics comp is out of reach, anyway, as Aragonite seems to have wrapped that up... In any case, congrats for the season overall win, Tony!

0 likes

What a bummer; last race of the season, window closed; 6 transfers left; for the record, it would have been, Bouhani, Demare, Debusschere, van Av, Bennett and Nizzolo.

enrique replied to tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

... it would have been, Bouhani, Demare, Debusschere, van Av, Bennett and Nizzolo.

Ouch... Nizzolo is out according to @ParisTours on Twitter...  40

0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

... it would have been, Bouhani, Demare, Debusschere, van Av, Bennett and Nizzolo.

I think only Demare and Van Avermaet would have scored for you...  39

0 likes

It is over 2 hours before the start of Paris Tours and the window is closed. Did it close early?

0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

It is over 2 hours before the start of Paris Tours and the window is closed. Did it close early?

Ouch... I wonder if they just used a standard time set one up for Lombardia and didnt think to change it?  39 You won the season, Tony?  1

Latest Comments