Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

World Road Races

Official Startlists for both Mens and Womens events are available via www.richmond2015.com

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

bradallen226 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are there some bikers losing for the Women's Street Competition Only 115 to select from on the website but 130+ on the begin details I can find

Dux89 | 8 years ago
0 likes

The one time I leave Sagan off a team because he's too expensive...

cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bon, let us forget Colombia '95, shall we... my point is that everyone was expecting carnage when Costa won a couple of years back, yet there were 4 guys together at the tail end... don't get me wrong, that was still a cracking race, but so were Kwiatkowski and Sagan's wins... the latter two though were more tactical overall, almost clinically forcing people to use their best qualities to the best possible effect...

cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes

For the second year in a row the WC road race is won by a solo rider... looks like the "easiest" circuits are the ones that actually make the selection...

JohnnyRemo replied to cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

For the second year in a row the WC road race is won by a solo rider... looks like the "easiest" circuits are the ones that actually make the selection...

Both times the "solo" rider is only a couple of seconds ahead of a very large group, 'tho. "Proper" selections were the likes of Colombia '95 with Olano ahead of BigMig and Pantani, or Valkenburg in '98 when the bunch were 15 minutes down.

enrique replied to JohnnyRemo | 8 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

JohnnyRemo wrote:

Both times the "solo" rider is only a couple of seconds ahead of a very large group... "Proper" selections were... when the bunch were 15 minutes down.

In both cases the difficulty of the course is not quite as determinating of the outcome as the will of the attacking rider...  39 I wonder how many riders were capable of following Sagan, or Kwiatkowski last year, but their strategy made them decide to let others do the 'chase' work...  39

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Really, how because that would have been impossible, or you think i have some kind of crystal ball

crikey | 8 years ago
0 likes

You folks really, really need to get out and meet people who aren't your carers.

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

1,4,13,17 + sagan jr

0 likes

1,2,4,7,10 I think

E Morton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm amazed you didn't actually get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,and 9. I think.

enrique replied to E Morton | 8 years ago
0 likes
E Morton wrote:

... I think.

39 I'm amazed you do...

0 likes

No I don't own the game, Dave does

E Morton | 8 years ago
0 likes

Who is TERatcliffe26? Does he own this game?

0 likes

The window had closed as the race had started

d_jp | 8 years ago
0 likes

Was also looking to get a team in... would be grateful if this could be looked at...

BUZZ6835 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Why has transfer window for men's road race closed 90 minutes early?
Not impressed!

dst | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure when I looked last night the "WHAT'S COMING UP" section on the fantasy site showed the deadline for transfers for the men's road race as 1600 today (27th). Have just tried to make transfers (at 1430) but the window is closed.

Was relying on this deadline being accurate as I have been busy this morning so couldn't get to a computer to change my team until now. As a result I've now got only 3 riders taking part in the road race.

0 likes

So basically your saying I wouldn't do anything if wasn't any good

I wont bother next year then if thats what people think, I wont do the forum thing either

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... I wont bother next year then if thats what people think...

Don't listen to him, TER, you're the best part of this game, that is, right after the God that created the game, Dave, the man!  1

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

TER...As I have commented before, my issue is with Dave and the owners of the game.....This game has put road.cc on the map and now they do not give a ****...This was the best fantasy game ,in any sport on the web, now it has become a burden to the hierarchy.... And when I grumble, and trust me I am not usually a grumbling person, I expect the owners of the game to comment, not you my friend...
I started playing this game when it was free, service was great, problems addressed virtually straight away... Now I pay a tenner, service is awful, problems are addressed when it suits, and hardly ever by the games owners......
If I can find a startlist then so can the games owners or whoever is running the comp... It makes me wonder at times when run by unpaid admins if certain aspects of the game are updated to suit...
As for you TER I find you very patronising and at times annoying with your comments...You seem to expect 1- 9 in every competition and it gets tiring when you moan about continuosly high finishes, and moan about picking a rider you should not have...FFS we all do, a lot more than you do...
However we all have our gripes....But for a tenner I just want a level playing field... I want a real startlist, a proper cut-off time and then a result within 12 hours..... The rest of the Bullsh*t, I can live with, except Enrique, I forgot about that ars**ole.... I want a mute Enrique button......
Seriously though I still love the concept of the game, I just think it is being abused at present....
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I am just being honest.....And TER I do appreciate what you have done to keep it ticking along this year, but I do wonder if it is just to suit... I hope that I am wrong...

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... If I can find a startlist then so can the games owners... I want a real startlist, a proper cut-off time and then a result within 12 hours.....

That's fair...  39

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... As for you TER I find you very patronising and at times annoying with your comments...You seem to expect 1- 9 in every competition and it gets tiring when you moan about continuosly high finishes, and moan about picking a rider you should not have...

That's cruel...  45

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... I forgot about that ars**ole...

That's impossible!  8

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... trust me I am not usually a grumbling person...

Hahahahaha!  1 Hahahahaha!  1 Hahahahaha!  1 Good one!  1

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Came home off a nightshift to find house flooded, electricity tripped and hence no transfers today as I missed the deadline...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... The annoyance of saving transfers and then getting called out to work and missing the transfer window...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Hard to make changes today... Already had to use four unplanned transfers this week, three for broken bones and one for a guy who has yet to realise that the race has started, so just one transfer today for me... Frustrating...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Finding this really disappointing...... I am not exactly impressed with the admin side of things this year.... Time after time people ask questions and have to wait days, sometimes weeks even for a reply...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Absolute nightmare...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... How the hell that finish can be un-categorised is beyond me..

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... less than 24 hours to the start nothing from the game organisers.....What is going on....  102 ...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... odds on for an epic fail now...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Its tough going from super sprinty to TTT... Been on it an hour and got nowhere...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Why do people bother posting when they do not have an answer to a valid question...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... If my Spring Classics form is anything to go by, 5 of the above will fall off...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... I am useless enough without being robbed...

I love you, Steve. You represent all of us!  1 By and large I agree with you, except for the whiny, which you cutely call 'grumbling', side of you, which you innocently believe is not you. Priceless!  1

0 likes

Well i do apologise for having a life Steve

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Game admin has become awful...Last year for me unless things improve...

dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

Shouldn't the transfer window be closed? The race has started.

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

This budget is crazy! As it usually is with the women's races. Probably because it's only the same 10 people who can win anything. I'm looking at only 3 riders scoring any points for my team.

MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Looks like some riders missing from the men's race too. Portugal down to one man with Goncalves and Oliviera missing. 190+ riders on the start lists I have found but only 176 in the competition.

MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are there some riders missing for the Womens Road Race

Only 115 to choose from on the site but 130+ on the start lists I can find

0 likes

I Fancy Kudus to make some history

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

120 credits is a really tight budget for the Womens race. Going to be very interesting. Fancy Dion Smith for the U23's race.

Pages

Latest Comments