Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tough for Kurt

As we know Steve Abraham had to quit his attempt for the year record and reset and now Kurt Searvogel has posted. Just shows how bloody hard the record is and how Tommy did it back in those days, god knows ... tough guys all

"This afternoon - my HR spike up over 210 and wouldn't come back down below 170 after 30 minutes so against my will, Alicia made me ride over to the urgent care. At urgent care my HR was 65 but garmin was recording 170. The top half of my heart was beating at 170 and the bottom half was beating at 65. So they hooked me up to an EKG and determined I was in Atrial Fibrillation and was sent over to the Heart Hospital. By the time I got to the Heart Hospital my heart was beating normally again. They took blood and determined my thyroid is wack and that I was dehydrated. I now wear a live tracking heart rate monitor and have an appointment with a cardiologist. No restriction on my activities for now. May sleep in tomorrow or may ride not sure how I'm feeling about all this. It was epic enough before - I don't need anything else to make this more challenging"

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

mikecassie | 8 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't say it's unbeatable, but it's obviously going to be incredibly hard to equal Goodwin's record.

Tommy must've been harder than tool steel to do the record back in 1939 with the restrictions he had back then.

I see Steve is still racking up the miles, so I guess he's hit the reset button and started his attempt over.

Hopefully Kurt recovers fully in the very near future too.

barbarus | 8 years ago
0 likes

Poor sod; I'd have loved to have seen Steve Abraham do it but there's no triumph in seeing Kurt suffer. Maybe this is an unbreakable record.

Latest Comments