Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

S-Works Tarmac 2016 thoughts?

I've always admired the S-Works Tarmac, anybody own the newer 2015 or 2016 models with the redesigned bottom brackets? Definitely don't want the disc brake version, not sure on the sizing in these frames either I'm 5ft 10.5, 32" inseam, currently ride a Colnago c60 in a 52 sloping frame size, think I could manage a bit more saddle to bar drop. Not sure whether to go for 54 or 56.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

dazzle | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm in between sizes, just don't want to feel too stretched out, but 54 with little to no spacers under the stem might be a bit too extreme on the back, I'm concerned about the bb, seems similar to my Colnago c60 design and that's been very troublesome so far.

Iamnot Wiggins | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm 5ft 11 and a 56 fits me perfectly and is a very comfortable bike to ride all day. I ride the SL4 and really don't have too many bad things to say about it. Except for the narrower than the industry standard BB shell & the odd headset bearing sizes but those are minor gripes.

Latest Comments