Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Arse ache

Answer me this if you can please. I cycle about twenty miles a time twice a week. On Tuesday for example I did 21 miles and arrived home fresh a daisy though I was with my teenage son who allowed me to rest after each segment as he caught up. I am just back from 17 miles and I can barely stand the pain on my sit-bones (ischeal tuberosities if we're being technical) is so bad. Bib shorts and bike are the same. I was unhindered by adolescent lethargy this time and went 'full gas' all the way round but can't see how I should be so sore now and not before.

Any explanation gratefully received.

MT

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Mother Theresa | 8 years ago
0 likes

These were gore bibshorts which seemed to have a good write up and excellent discount when I got them. Good pad as far as I can see as well.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are your bib shorts padded? Maybe try using chamois cream on the sit bone area and into the padded fabric. By going full steam you might of been moving around on the seat more than usual and have just agitated the area. Have a few days off and try a few shorter duration rides to build up rear end toughness, or er  1

Latest Comments