Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lezyne Lights

i have a pair of Lezyne Macro drive front/micro drive rear lights.
The lights themselves are excellent, however the mounts are not
They have the newer style mounts which have the rubber straps going all the way around to the underside of the plastic piece.
The front light is ok on its mount, as it is easy to re-position. However the rear mount just keeps spinning around the seat post, no matter how tight the strap is, and repositions itself in a sideways pointing position where it cant be seen so easily.
i need some solutions for this. e.g. something i can stick to the seatpost to grip it better

see photo for detail

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

wellcoordinated | 8 years ago
0 likes

Get yourself some of this :

https://sugru.com/

You could use it in several different ways. You could mould a small aero shaped wedge that the light could rest on. Or you could use it to pack out the bracket to make the rubber bands tighter.

I like this stuff because it is easy to mould and the result looks like it was professionally manufactured.

Lamb Henry | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd use self amalgamating tape wrapped around the seat tube a couple of times.

ourdave | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bit late on this but I have these lights too and am pretty sure that, despite the picture above, the floating end of the rubber band is not necessarily meant to be sandwiched between the mount and post/bar. I have mine outside the mount and the whole set up stays firmly in place on front and back.

arckuk | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've suffered from the same problem previously, and sorted it out (mostly) by attaching the mount tightly using a couple of black cable ties liked together to provide sufficient length. It's still a bit more mobile than I'd like - have thought of using a bit of inner tube around the seat post, but found that the standard 19-23 mm tube I had to hand was too small to get round the post.

roadgenius4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

the front light is really good, i would recommend it to anyone. Its incredible bright on the 400 lumen overdrive mode

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

Slightly off topic, how bright is the front light? I want a small-ish front light to see with, I have plenty of the be-seen type

roadgenius4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure if its clear but the mount wont sit squarely onto the seatpost due to the rubber strap which sits in between the plastic mound and the seatpost.
Its supposed to stop the mount slipping but doesn't seem to work.
This bike has a slippery seatpost which may be partly the problem. The light wasn't so bad on my stainless steel seatpost on my old bike so maybe i will try the inner tube.
if you look at the image attached you can see the rubber strap extending all the way around- if that makes sense.

tourdelound | 8 years ago
0 likes

Try a bit of old inner tube wrapped round the seatpost.

Colin Peyresourde | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have the same set and my seat post is of a standard size. The light does not move one bit.

I would check how you have it installed. Looking at your picture the only thing I can see is that the band is not in the first 'rung' (though depending on the closing that might loosen it). And it's not sitting flush into the clasp/lug....so precisely no help.

Have you taken it to the LBS?

Latest Comments