Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Turbo trainer......Tacx bushido smart or Bkool pro

Hi all

Following surgery when I get back on the bike I will be restricted to the turbo for a number of weeks so looking at a smart trainer to ease the boredom. Two I'm looking at which are within my budget are the taco bushido smart and the Bkool pro. Just wondered if anyone has any experience or advice to pass on........cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

bobinski | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you go over to the cyclechat forum you will see there is a dedicated bkool forum where a lot of users hang out. It's a great source of knowledge as well as a meeting place for those of us who take part in races/leagues against each other. I find the bkool pro to be a fantastic tool. It's resistance levels can simulate 15% gradients which might be relevant to you. The software is coming on leaps and bounds and becoming more user friendly. Now the trainer is ant+ and FEC I can use it with ZWIFT and very shortly trainer road too. So, a thumbs up from me.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I don't have experience of Bkool turbo trainer, but I use their software on my Wahoo Kickr turbo. It's not bad software at all, you can find pretty much any route in the UK or around the world. I uploaded many of my previous routes from my garmin.

I too used my turbo to get me back to fitness after accident. The bkool software now has velodrome linked to their own turbo so pursuit races can take place. It's not yet available for my kickr, so I use the basic velodrome sessions

Latest Comments