Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

700c Tubes without removable cores?

Can anyone recommend which brand of inner tubes do NOT have the removable cores?

I currently use Continental tubes, but have recently bought a new mini pump which screws onto the valve rather than pushing on. The problem is that whenever I unscrew the pump, it unscrews the cores and lets the tyre down again.... Very frustrating when you're in the middle of no where!!

And yes, I have a valve core tool and have tightened the core up as much as is possible, but it still unscrews when removing the pump!!!

Any help greatly appreciated  1  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

WobblySL4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately not  2

turboprannet | 8 years ago
0 likes

Does your lezyne pump have a pressure release on it which may help prevent this?

WobblySL4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I had tightened the valve core using pliers on the outer stem and a core removal tool on the inner. I tightened it as much as the tool & core would allow.

Unfortunately, the rubber seal on the Lezyne pump I purchased is very tight (obviously tighter than the seal between the core and the stem), therefore unscrewing the core whilst removing it......  102  20  17  37

The problem will go away as soon as I start using tubes without removable cores!!  16  11

Simon E | 8 years ago
0 likes

They will be fine if you carefully tighten the core properly with a pair of pliers - it only unscrews with the pump because it wasn't in securely. I've used Conti and Schwalbe tubes for years and the only time I this happened to me was after using valve extenders.

WobblySL4 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks!! Michelin's are now on order  1  1

Yorkshie Whippet | 8 years ago
0 likes

Michelin Airstop or FWE from Evans.

Latest Comments