Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 18

Niki Terpstra (EQS) did not start.

Of course I had him in my team

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've 4 transfers left, so hopefully sunday i'll bring in the sprinty guys  39
Having my best fantasy race ever and absolutely loving it  8

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Up to 7th Nick, nice one

You could still catch me at this rate

Good job the computer does the math as I obviously cant add up! Still in the hunt but a lack of transfers and a big risk make me very vulnerable, especially so for saturday and even tomorrow, a lack of Chaves worries me and my choice of Moreno costly, as is Simon. Thanks goes to Madrazo today, abit of a save. Had the break stayed away properly id be in a strong position but nevermind

Simon/Moreno for the win tomorrow is needed

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

5,6,11,12,13,14,15 +5 team bonus and fraile should keep me top 20 maybe even back to top 10?  16

0 likes

Gutted as I dont have the transfers to rectify it!

Roche has effectively killed my chances, as well as brambilla! The fact Moreno and Rojas didnt sprint it out at the end also

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

I feel your pain, I've completely buggered this one up.

0 likes

There goes my 2nd position  20  20  20

Moist von Lipwig | 8 years ago
0 likes

yeah, I'm not expecting him to surface until Saturday if he even does but if I'm bringing him in then, I may as well do it today for his 5 KoM standing points for two days rather than have a do nothing TTer left in the ranks.

0 likes

Fraile has the KOM jersey wrapped up. Can't see him making any moves until Saturday when he might fancy stretching his legs to put it completely out of reach.

Moist von Lipwig | 8 years ago
0 likes

Visconti tried to get across but that was shut down by Giant. Almost brought him in but decided on making no changes today other than picking up Frailes KoM points as its too unpredictable. Although he doesn't need too hoping force of habit has him hovering up Saturdays points too. 10 left to bring in the rest of the likelys for Saturday then switch out as many as I can for the final sprint.

mikeevs | 8 years ago
0 likes

After 58km De Clercq, Cardoso, Zubeldia, Roche, Goncalves, Poljanski, Madrazo, Vorganov, Rojas, Van der Sande, Atapuma, Hansen, Serry, De Kort, Lemoine, Durasek, Reynes, Roosen, Minard, Courteille, Rollin, Pellaud, Jim & Bennati have 2'24" on peloton

0 likes

Had oliveria this morning then took him out for simin, that could cost me the vuelta now!

triccky100 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Lampre-packed breakaway please!

JOAQUIN RODRIGUEZ (KAT)
TOM DUMOULIN (TGA)
JOSE JOAQUIN ROJAS GIL (MOV)
FABIO ARU (AST)
RAFAL MAJKA (TSB)
JOSE GONCALVES (CJR)
BERTJAN LINDEMAN (TLJ)
RUBEN PLAZA (LAM)
NELSON OLIVEIRA (LAM)

0 likes

Used up my last 4 transfers, because I have no way of knowing how the last few stages will go (Sunday excepted). Kept Dumoulin, Aru and J-Rod; got in Degenkolb, Van Poppel, Rojas and Schleck.
Might just have enough to cling onto a top 20.

mikeevs | 8 years ago
0 likes

Add Talansky (TCG) and Meyer (OGE) to those above that did not start

mikeevs | 8 years ago
0 likes

Velits (BMC) and Van den Broeck(LTS) also did not start

0 likes

Gone risky

J Rod
Aru
Dumoulin