Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

External bike storage / bike sheds

Hi

Just (finally) upgraded my bike, and do not want to sell my old one, but the other half isn't happy.

Can anyone suggest any good external bike sheds to keep the old bike in securely?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Fringe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Shed shackles are good, although perhaps a bit too permanent if you are in rented property and move about a lot..

http://road.cc/content/review/3496-pragmasis-shed-shackle-security-anchor

Tjuice | 8 years ago
0 likes

Can't talk for the OP, but for me, inside storage is not an option in this house.

lagging behind | 8 years ago
0 likes

How much room do you have inside? Could you use a wall mounted rack? Cycle Hoop have several options. http://www.cyclehoop.com/products/home-bike-storage/

Mungecrundle | 8 years ago
0 likes

Buy a shed for the other half to live in, and bring your loved ones back in doors where they belong. Outside is no place for an old bike over the winter!

Tjuice | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are there any alternatives to the very expensive Asgards? Appreciate the security of such solutions is likely to be a bit lower.

I have a number of bikes that need to be stored, and there simply isn't enough space for even one inside in my new place.

I'm even contemplating making a massive slab of concrete with ground anchors embedded inside a lower cost regular shed. But the challenge is that I will move out of this (rented) house within a year, and then have to find a way of breaking up and disposing of said large concrete slab (clearly won't be transporting it).

The Asgards look tempting, but I'd need to lay down £1K+ to get the size I need.

Would love any other thoughts especially for lower cost solutions

sergius replied to Tjuice | 8 years ago
0 likes
Tjuice wrote:

Are there any alternatives to the very expensive Asgards? Appreciate the security of such solutions is likely to be a bit lower.

I have a number of bikes that need to be stored, and there simply isn't enough space for even one inside in my new place.

I'm even contemplating making a massive slab of concrete with ground anchors embedded inside a lower cost regular shed. But the challenge is that I will move out of this (rented) house within a year, and then have to find a way of breaking up and disposing of said large concrete slab (clearly won't be transporting it).

The Asgards look tempting, but I'd need to lay down £1K+ to get the size I need.

Would love any other thoughts especially for lower cost solutions

How many bikes are you storing?

I've got a future problem on the horizon, the Asgard is full of my bikes - which doesn't leave much room for future bikes I'll buy my wife/children. I'm currently leaning towards getting a reasonable shed to replace a plastic garden storage box - which will house all the garden tools and have space for 2-3 more bikes which I can lock up inside it. My garden isn't overly large though and my wife isn't massively happy to have yet another shed in it ("why do you need three bikes?" etc.)

Tjuice replied to sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

Edit: fixed formatting

sergius wrote:

How many bikes are you storing?

I did a count of the number of bikes at home before I moved house, and got to eleven. Most of them are now in off-site storage FTTB, but it would be really good if I could store 5-6 bikes (of which 3 are kids bikes) at home in the garden.

turboprannet | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got an Asgard high security bike shed and it is superb, their stuff is a little bit dearer than the likes of B&Q but really worth it.

Got a giant metal shed on the way from them too now. You can take it with you when you move too (though the bike shed is a good 100kg or so and the big sheds 500kg+)

sergius | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've got an Asgard (http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage) which I've been very happy with.

Latest Comments