Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Condor Italia RC or not?

Hi.

Looking for a little advice. I'm a commuter currently on a 9x speed steel courier bike and looking to get my first road bike for longer rides to build up fitness and generally enjoy it v's the daily grind through traffic. I had a specialized allez elite a few years ago before it got stolen and thought it was terrible.

I was recently looking at a Condor Super Accio in the sale but missed out by about 30mins. The guys at Condor pointed me in the direction of the Italia RC ahead of the Squadra even though that is a good £5/600 more. Its a cheaper frame but unsure of the whole aluminium / carbon combo?? The S. Accio if its not in the sale is out of my range - £2k utter max all in. My thought is i could at least build the RC up with some pretty speccy kit Ultegra or Force 22 and some nice Mavics for example.

Am i being sucked into style over content? (probably but Condors are nice right!!) De Rosa? Genesis?

Any recco's and advice greatly appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

racingcondor | 8 years ago
0 likes

The negative is that there are cheaper options.

The positive is that you will get a bike that fits you properly (stem length, handlebar width, shape etc). Given the number of people I know who have bought a bike online, spent 6 months tinkering with fit and then realised it is the wrong size I think Condor's are worth it (plus you get a bike shop who really know their stuff and some of the best mechanics out there).

Latest Comments