Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How to get the most out of my garmin vector 2 pedals!

Hi Team,

I'm new to training with power and have just got my hands in a set of Garmin vector 2 dual sensor pedals. What hardware and software do I need to use all the features of the pedals? - obviously a bike etc!!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

jiberjaber | 8 years ago
0 likes

One option is a couple of books available on Amazon, expensive at £11 for the kindle version through

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Training-Racing-Power-Meter-2nd/dp/1934030554

There's some good stuff in the book about identifying areas to improve on and what contributes to a particular area of the competitive part of the sport (like sprint, climb, endurance, triathlon etc)

There is a lot of info you can find on the web for free though. Having something that you can trend relative performance and fitness, form & fatigue through helps too - training peaks is the one advocated by the book, but there is golden cheetah and also Strava premium too

One thing I've noticed on the vector2 pedals is that it can be inconsistent (i.e. sometimes I can be 60/40 R/L power, and other times 50/50!) and subject to calibration and torque settings, so it is a relative measure rather than something to be taken as an absolute. I have also suffered from the left pedal dropping out issue a few times too (though not so much lately.)

Latest Comments