Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant 2016 pricing

I've got my eye on the Giant TCR Advanced 1 which is currently £1499. I then saw the 2016 one which is a nicer colour IMHO, same componentry and new frameset. I'm wondering if it will also be £1499. If so I would hang on until then but if not I'd get the 2015 one, possibly at reduced price. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

snsb | 8 years ago
0 likes

The TCR Advanced 1 2016 will be £1499.00 due for release end of Sept early Oct. However I have negotiated a 17.5% off deal with a dealer bringing the price down to £1236.67 ! A bargain I think you will agree.
All of the TCR 2016 range are lighter than the old model as the tube profiles have been reduced in size and "smoothed". Main dealers will also offer a saddle fitting session where you sit and pedal on a special saddle which will highlight pressure points and will guide the fitter to recommend one of three saddles types all produced by Giant and said to be very comfortable.
I will not say which dealer I have negotiated with to save them many calls and maybe less profit but don't just accept the retail price given to you. "If you don't ask you don't get".

darrenwinfield | 8 years ago
0 likes

what's the main difference between the Defy and the TCR Advanced ? Cant work it out!

peted76 replied to darrenwinfield | 8 years ago
0 likes
darrenwinfield wrote:

what's the main difference between the Defy and the TCR Advanced ? Cant work it out!

In a nutshell, geometry, the defy is their bike for more comfortable cycling (higher front end), the TCR is a race geometry bike (lower front end).

Both are excellent, the Defy has won gawd knows how many awards over the past few years. the TCR also.

AJ101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you're on a tight budget keep your eyes peeled on http://bikesy.co.uk/s/giant%20TCR/ as there will be loads going through cheaper as the new range comes out. Personally I'd always go for last year's model, when you look at the catalogues from 12 months ago it was the best bike ever(!) and I'm sure things haven't moved on that much in the intervening period. Certainly not that would warrant not getting a few hundred quid off being worthwhile...

akelly524 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. Have now downgraded my target to the Advanced 2 (exact same apart from 105 instead os Ultegra) but £300 cheaper

Woldsman | 8 years ago
0 likes
akelly524 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I was just looking at an American review that said that the new Advanced 3 would be $1700, which, at the current exchange rate, converts to £1088, very similar to the price of the equivalent current model (£1099). By this logic, the new Advanced 1 should be the same price the current one. Yay!!!  4

akelly524 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks very much. The frame is definitely different so is probably an improvement which is why it would seem a shame to get the old one just as an improved one comes out possibly at the same price

Woldsman | 8 years ago
0 likes

I was wondering about this myself - pointlessly as I can't have one - but do have it on good authority that the RRP will be the same £1499. But don't quote me on that!

KirinChris | 8 years ago
0 likes

I don't know what the pricing will be but Giant is always good value.

What I would say is that the 2016 TCR is a new design - not just colour change and minor tweaks.

So whereas in previous years you could buy the older model and get essentially the same bike, there will be more significant changes between 2015 and 2016.

Having said that I'm riding a 2013 TCR and I plan to stay on it for another couple of years at least.

I would hang on until the pricing is out and you see what the new ones will be and also what the deals will be on the 2015.

Latest Comments