Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

10spd Cassette, 11spd Chainset?

Hi all, as per the title really...I'm itching to change my FSA Gossamer and press fit BB30 bottom bracket with a shiny new Ultegra chainset & KCNC BB30>Shimano adapter.

I currently have Shimano 105 10sp rear cassette & derailleur, question is do I have to go for a 10sp chainset or will an 11sp do the trick (which appears more widely available and is of course "newer").

Thanks  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

BobbyG | 8 years ago
0 likes

Tremendous news, thanks all  41

Marauder | 8 years ago
0 likes

Have had to do something similar in the past.
Needed to use a Tiagra 9 speed on my 105 10 speed cassette in an emergency and worked perfectly.

Just need to make sure the limiter screw is set correctly and you should be good to go.

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yeah it will work fine as said above, as long as derailleurs, shifters and cassette spacing is matched it'll all work  1

Batchy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well my 11s chainset works perfectly with my 10s cassette and shifters. There really is no reason for this to be otherwise so long as you also use a10s chain.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't matter whether it's 10 or 11 speed. The only item which dictate whether it needs to be 10 or 11 is the shifter for the rear derailleur so shifting is indexed correctly.

Latest Comments