Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco Tour stage 1

OK here we go, a big bunch sprint would be nice.....

ALEXANDER PORSEV (KAT)
ANDREA GUARDINI (AST)
ANDRE GREIPEL (LTS)
ELIA VIVIANI (SKY)
MORENO HOFLAND (TLJ)
GIACOMO NIZZOLO (TFR)
ARNAUD DEMARE (FDJ)
SACHA MODOLO (LAM)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

63 comments

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Exactly. No one minds what the rules are as long as they stay the same and are made perfectly clear before the race. In instances like this, could we ask for clarity before the race starts in future. Either that or we simply stick to one format and ignore the additional sprints. It's very confusing.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Teams have not been picked on that basis, don't give me that BS.....I said it towards the of Stage 1, which after finding out there was no information on the primus sprints, I came back and corrected myself.

14:45 towards the end of Stage 1

Gkam84 wrote:

To make you all aware, the golden sprints will not be scored as they only hold time bonuses and not points

21:14 when I was doing the scoring

Gkam84 wrote:

Right, so I haven't been able to find any breakdown for the primus sprints.

So what I have done for today is scored the Golden KM sprints.

The points jersey is scored on overall and the sprints jersey is based on the primus classification. Just in case anyone wonders about their scores.

If there was a breakdown that someone knows of for the primus sprints, there were two today. I will remove the Golden KM sprints and they will be replaced with the primus.

I'll happily just delete the whole tour as this was just put in as a bonus...

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

on another note...
1,2,3,4,6,8,15 + Asselman

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

I appreciate all the work that goes into this game, but I have to agree with Joelsim. Scoring should not change after a race has begun.

and...
Gkam84 wrote:
"Teams have not been picked on that basis, don't give me that BS...."

That is not fair. I absolutely based my stage 2 picks on the fact that the golden km would not count towards our scores.

Despite this example, I hope that the result will be that we get accurate information on scoring before races begin from now on.

I understand that some race information is difficult to find before a race begins; but I would like to ask if it could be possible to show accurate scoring info for stages on the races' scoring information page, which rarely, if ever, seems to be updated to show accurate info for each particular race. For example this Eneco Tour still does not show the sprint scoring info correctly.
Thanks.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Get a grip and do one, Golden KM will be scored, END OF....not happy.... Dave [at] road.cc  35

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Actually, no, you pay a tenner to run the server, not the people who run the game for £0, also, this was a bonus race,. not scheduled to be run and only being do so because I'm around

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

I will email Dave. Gkam this is nonsense. You can't just change rules half way through because you feel like it.

crikey | 8 years ago
0 likes

#firstworldproblems

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Quite.

As I said nobody minds what the rules are as long as they are the rules And aren't changed at your whim after people have done their teams. You clearly stated that they wouldn't be scored so that is how it should be.

You're not The Sheriff of Nottingham.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I stated, after the race was underway, then when there were no points awarded for the Primus in stage 1, that had to be changed. Shit happens....

Joelsim replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Teams have not been picked on that basis, don't give me that BS.....I said it towards the of Stage 1, which after finding out there was no information on the primus sprints, I came back and corrected myself.

14:45 towards the end of Stage 1

Gkam84 wrote:

To make you all aware, the golden sprints will not be scored as they only hold time bonuses and not points

21:14 when I was doing the scoring

Gkam84 wrote:

Right, so I haven't been able to find any breakdown for the primus sprints.

So what I have done for today is scored the Golden KM sprints.

The points jersey is scored on overall and the sprints jersey is based on the primus classification. Just in case anyone wonders about their scores.

If there was a breakdown that someone knows of for the primus sprints, there were two today. I will remove the Golden KM sprints and they will be replaced with the primus.

I'll happily just delete the whole tour as this was just put in as a bonus...

Golden sprints cannot be scored Gkam. End of. It's ridiculous.

Aragonite replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

This is what we pay ten quid for.............. Pathetic.

Gkam84 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I will email Dave. Gkam this is nonsense. You can't just change rules half way through because you feel like it.

So you are happy for me to change them to no Golden KM, but when I change that, I'm the bad guy.....both changes were made AFTER the start of the race....so go moan somewhere else. I'm not listening and will no be scoring this race any fruther, someone else can put up with all the crap. I don't have the time or energy to deal with constant moaning because you can't get things your own way. We had this last season with Enrique, we don't need it again.

The change to having no Golden KM was made just after I found out about the Golden KM on tv, thinking that was just a time bonus, but the Primus is just a combative bonus, so Golden KM is just another name for sprints and Primus is conbantivity award, both normally scored.....

Aragonite replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Actually, no, you pay a tenner to run the server, not the people who run the game for £0, also, this was a bonus race,. not scheduled to be run and only being do so because I'm around

Actually, it's the way you speak to people I'm objecting to. And according to an earlier post from Dave the Eneco was always going to be covered.

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Get a grip and do one, Golden KM will be scored, END OF....not happy.... Dave [at] road.cc  35

Your behaviour/attitude during this race is nothing short of deplorable.I have deleted my account and won't be back.

I admire folk volunteering to help out with the game but when you are doing a job on behalf of the game owners you should not be a) Making up your own rules on a whim and b) Randomly insulting people when they object to a).

Joelsim replied to Gilbert and Sullivan | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gilbert and Sullivan wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Your behaviour/attitude during this race is nothing short of deplorable.I have deleted my account and won't be back.

I admire folk volunteering to help out with the game but when you are doing a job on behalf of the game owners you should not be a) Making up your own rules on a whim and b) Randomly insulting people when they object to a).

I hope you don't delete your account G&S. I agree with the sentiment though.

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Joel is right here..... It was said that they would not be scored and so they should not be...Teams have been picked as a result of that statement.... Yet another case of the goalposts being moved....  2

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4,6,9,13,15 for me.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Stage 2 does TER.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Stage 2 does TER.

Correct, didnt look properly at that stage as I already knew stage 1 didnt show them

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

But the Golden shouldn't be scored. You have said they aren't being scored so they can't be scored.

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

I transferred Asselman in after Stage 1 to free up some funds, and because he scored 23 points.
I thought he might fancy another breakaway and after Gkam84 said he was counting Golden KM points it was worth a punt.

tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Certainly confusing. The Primus (combativity) sprint seems to score differently in the actual race every time; stg 1 total =95; stg 2 totals 40+38. (cycling news).

Yesterday the golden kilometre had points awarded (which added to the points jersey) (cycling news and official website), but these seem to have disappeared today.

The road.cc "Information on scoring" lists scoring overall standings both for points and sprints jersey. It also gives 6,4,2 points for intermediate sprints. Because it doesn't specify which sprints, it could be interpreted to include both Primus and golden kilometre.

I assumed, along with most other people, (including Gkam apparently), that only the 2 Primus would be counted.

It is hard to play this game when the rules are obscure or change. It has been a constant forum theme for me. Obviously you pick your team according to the points available.

For this particular race though, most players would have started with 8 good sprinters, so it probably doesn't matter. Did anyone start with Asselman in their team?

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

I probably would have picked a rider for the break if you were going to score the golden sprints. I read on the forum before the race that you were not scoring the golden sprints.
???

Joelsim replied to 1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes
1wrangler wrote:

I probably would have picked a rider for the break if you were going to score the golden sprints. I read on the forum before the race that you were not scoring the golden sprints.
???

Exactly.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

It seems a little odd to say the least to score 5 intermediate sprints in one stage plus a different jersey too, doesn't it?

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

He won two Primus and 3 Golden KM sprints.

Which I am including, because I scored them yesterday as there were no information about the top 3 in the Primus sprints. He also gets 5 for holding the Primus jersey, as both the points and Primus jersey's are being scored.

I don't make the rules, I just score according to what has been laid out.

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

He won two Primus and 3 Golden KM sprints.

Which I am including, because I scored them yesterday as there were no information about the top 3 in the Primus sprints. He also gets 5 for holding the Primus jersey, as both the points and Primus jersey's are being scored.

I don't make the rules, I just score according to what has been laid out.

Aye ok,carry on regardless sir.

Pages

Latest Comments