Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Novatec- Jetfly/Impulse: views/experience?

The Jetfly got a great review in cycling plus last year, but were pretty hard to find. I came across a set in the LBS last weekend and was reminded of them- they look nice in a basic way.

Looking at the spec and weight they seem a really good deal for the price- 32mm depth rims so some aero benefit and 1455g so pretty light and sub £400.

Anyone got any experience of them? Anyone know what the difference between the Jetfly and Impulse is-the Impulse are heavier but more expensive- more "robust" hubs perhaps?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

gmehje1 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have the Jetfly. Really nice all round wheels. Nothing bad to say about them. They are not the sexiest or a well known brand but I can handle that. Not weighted them so can't vouch for their specs.
I use 'em through the winter and swop to the SwissSides 625 during the summer...

allanj replied to gmehje1 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that. Sexiness isn't an issue, being light and robust is so good to know they've served you well.

I've just noticed that the spokes are round rather than bladed (horror of horrors)- seems a bit odd given the "slightly deep" rims hinting at aeroness. Anyone know how much of an issue that is if looking for a "fast" upgrade set of wheels.

Oh, and just to spoil people's fun- I know it's legs/heart and lungs that make you go fast.......

Latest Comments