Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale Supersix Evo headset woes

Hi all
My new Supersix arrived on Wednesday. It came with the usual huge conical spacer so ordered the Cannondale 5mm headset cover. It arrived this morning so fitted it and cut the steerer accordingly but now the headset won't tighten to remove play! Has anyone else had this issue? Does the smaller spacer require the use of micro spacers beneath it?
I've not cut it too short or anything silly like that but just cannot see that it could be anything but micro spacers
Any help is massively appreciated as I'm desperate to ride it!!!

James

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

burglarboycie | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies. I sorted the issue seconds after I posted here. The problem was rider stupidity!!!!
Thanks again
James

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Does the new headset cap physically touch the headtube, if so you need some microspacers between the split ring thing and the cap.
If this isn't the case then make sure you've got enough room for the compression plug to actually compress the bearings as suggested above.

Nixster | 8 years ago
0 likes

This may be obvious but have you checked that there is 3mm or so of spacers or stem showing above the end of the cut steerer before inserting and tightening the headset compressor bung? Sticking a 5mm spacer above the stem then refitting will clear things up either way.

You may have already ruled this out of course in which case I can't think why it would need a micro spacer but can't suggest anything else.

Cheeky question though, can you tell me the outside diameter of the 25mm spacer? I've got a non Evo Supersix and it has an even bigger spacer on it and am wondering if the Evo one would fit. If you're too vexed by the headset issue tho I fully understand!

Latest Comments