Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Bike Decisions

Hi,

I'm a new member but long time lurker.

I'm currently undergoing a search for a new bike.

By chance I stumbled upon what seems like a good offer from a small independent bike shop in my home town. The offer is for a Bianchi Pista (circa 2006) frame with a full Shimano 105 groupset and mavic wheels. However the Pista on;y has a 8 speed cassette with no room to fit more. The price tag on this bike is £800.

My other option is to either hold out until a good deal comes around on either an end of season model bike or last years model. Obviously thee newer bikes will have a 10/12 speed cassette and may be a little lighter (not sure on the pista frame weight)

Basically I'm just looking for some suggestions as to whether the Bianchi is worth taking the plunge for or am I better of trying to spend a little more and get myself a newer bike. (The bianchi is drop dead gorgeous however)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Unmai | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys,

As I suspected there are just too many questions marks over it.

Time to get friendly with all my LBS's  8

Vejnemojnen | 8 years ago
0 likes

am I missing something?

any 8 speed wheel will fit a 10 speed cassette...

105 gruppo was 8 speed in 1998 last time.. by 1999 they went 9 speed with octalink BB .

Pista means track.. so, is it a track frameset? because those do not have gears-derailleurs, not even the suitable dropouts for attaching a rear mech..

I'm just curious.. incredibly overpriced thougjh, I'd say it worth around half of that

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Look at used. There are many that have have hardly been used and will be mint in condition. Hold out a couple of months and buy a virtually brand new bike cheap.

11 speed shimano 105 setup are within reach

Latest Comments