Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Protester at final stage of TdF

Did anyone notice the protester on the course at about 2km from the end of yesterdays stage in Paris? A man in a white sheet with arms outstretched stood directly in the path of the riders. They managed to narrowly avoid him as they took a left turn, two turns before they entered the tunnel for the last time. TV camera bike has footage of protester and Froome within touching distance (it is on the TV coverage). Whilst an idiotic thing to do, he did appear fairly passive and did not try to collide with anyone (although he was very close to them and it was the Peletons avoiding action (passing either side of him) which prevented an almighty dramatic end to the Tour.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

peted76 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I saw that, I thought it was a man protecting the peleton from a bollard or something.

Odd nothing reported about it !

timax1967 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've been putting images and posts all over the net! ... Nothing but tumble weed. I started with in the hour of it happening, twitter, facebook, etc etc.... but nothing. nothing in the papers, nothing on the news. Its crazy strange! This guy could have brought them all down and thank heavens wasn't a suicide bomber .... unless it didn't go off.

timax1967 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've been putting images and posts all over the net! ... Nothing but tumble weed. I started with in the hour of it happening, twitter, facebook, etc etc.... but nothing. nothing in the papers, nothing on the news. Its crazy strange! This guy could have brought them all down and thank heavens wasn't a suicide bomber .... unless it didn't go off.

kwi | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've read somewhere that he was arrested and that's all I've seen.

Latest Comments