Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Racing bike £1500 - £2000

I'm looking to upgrade from my Giant Defy 5 to a better bike. I have looked at the Giant Propel Advanced 1. I want to get it around January at a reduced price. Would you recommend it or something else

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

akelly524 | 8 years ago
0 likes

What do people think about the Canyon Ultimate CF SL 7.0: Shimano 105 etc. I've got campagnolo scirocco 35mm so I'd be using them

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

Got a Propel in April, loving it! Paid full price but am happy with that. Did an Everesting on it in May, 230 miles in 27 hours so comfy enough  3
Tried a Supersix at the time, also very good but I thought the Propel looked more special.

Lee170 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've just upgraded my defy 5 to a cannondale supersix evo5 105. It's immense. Such a Different ride to the defy, more racy and I find it comfier than the defy.
It was £1500 but I got it reduced at £1125.
I'm very happy with it

Poptart242 replied to Lee170 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Lee170 wrote:

I've just upgraded my defy 5 to a cannondale supersix evo5 105. It's immense. Such a Different ride to the defy, more racy and I find it comfier than the defy.
It was £1500 but I got it reduced at £1125.
I'm very happy with it

I'm looking at doing the same. Would love to read about people's experiences when upgrading similar bikes to these.

My club is based around our LBS which is a Cannondale & Giant dealer so TCR's, CAADs, Propels and Supersixes are by far the most popular racing bikes seen around here.

Latest Comments