Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sleeping on the Champs Élysées

So I have a crazy plan to go see the final TdF stage in Paris, by sleeping out on Saturday night. Anybody done it? Is it legal? Dunno if the French have the same culture of 'bagging a spot' as the Brits do.... Google is being most unhelpful so I figured I'd try the experts? Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

giff77 | 8 years ago
0 likes

As gkam says, get there early. The French police probably consider regard sleeping on the street as vagrancy and will deal with you thus. Though there may be hundreds doing the same so they may take a blind eye to it. Probably though for your own safety not a great idea especially if on your own as you may become the victim of crime. I know, I'm a real Job's comforter but this is the risk you place yourself in. You don't want to waken up with no cash and ID or worse.

JosieP | 8 years ago
0 likes

I reckon there will be bits behind barriers. And surely just as dangerous as London or Mont Ventoux? Won't be alone....

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've heard there's quite a few cars around there ya know  35

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

You are better to get up very early at get there, rather than staying out all night, it isn't the safest of places.

Latest Comments