Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sidi wire vernice, the fit.

Hi guys my first thread here. I'm a relatively new rider and I've treated myself to some sidi wire vernice shoes. There probably much better than I need but I do like nice things so went for them.
I'd heard the fit of the sidis where narrower but with wiggles free returns I thought I'd give them a try.
Width wise they are fine much the same as my current specialized sport shoes but I have a little more room in the toe department I'm tempted to send them back and try a size smaller but I'm wondering if people like a little room for the toes to move around? Are riding shoes meant to be a snug fit all the way around? There's no slip on the heal I'm just unsure what to do. Any help would be appreciated as I'm sure you can imagine spending over £200 on shoes you want them to be right.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Bendee | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes mate I have socks on in the picture there just trainer socks so can't be seen.

bobinski | 8 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried them on with socks?!?

Bendee | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your input dan it's good to know. Just checked wiggle and they don't have either of the two sizes down. I'll give these a go then. Normally I'd of just cracked on with them but the price of them means I want them to be perfect lol.

2 wheeled idiot, they seem to fit my dad better than me and as Im yet to sort a Father's Day present I think if I sold them for a tenner he'd disown me lol

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unsolvable issue...if they are in size 47, I'll give you a tenner for em  3

DanTe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Looks about right to me. Consider also that your feet will swell a bit when you ride. Nothing worse than tight shoes! Maybe walk about the house a bit in them warm your feet up a bit?
I've just got a pair new Lake shoes, my first thought was they're half a size too long but the bike fitter guy have me a very technical answer as to why that's wasn't the case, glad he did, they feel perfect now...

Bendee | 8 years ago
0 likes

I know it's a by of a tricky question to answer really so I took some pics. I suppose the shoe is irrelivant but here's some pics of what space I have.

Latest Comments