Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Etape du Tour 2015 logistics

Is it me, or have the organisers not yet confirmed the start logistics for the Etape?

It looks like the village, and registration, is at the finish (at la toussuire). Really?!

We don't yet know where parking is either. I'm planning to park up the night before in my camper van (with family), but I don't yet know where that will be. I was hoping in the start town, but if its in la toussuire that means a big descent down to the start town. I have no idea how long to allow for that!

Anyone else have any idea what is happening?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

othello | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that. Typically not a huge amount of extra info, but more than the English site!

I'm trying to find out what parking there is in Saint Jean de Maurine for the Saturday night, as I'm planning to stay overnight there. Get up for the start, and let the family potter during the day and head up to the finish (and hopefully meet me if I make it!). But there is no parking info to be found!

herrkaa | 8 years ago
0 likes

Like a lot of French event sites, the English translation often lacks a little detail. If you switch languages, you'll see
Y’A-T-IL UN EMPLACEMENT RESERVE POUR LES CAMPINGS CARS ?
Oui, au Parking de l'Orgière à Villarembert - Le Corbier. Les autres parkings sont interdits au stationnement des camping-cars.
Of course, there is no link to any further info on where that is, exactly, but it's probably safe to assume it's up, near the finish.
From there down to the start line would take about 30 mins, I'm guessing.
There is a campground in St Jean: http://www.campingdesgrandscols.com/

And yes, the village and registration is at the finish. Will there be a shuttle?
EXISTE-T-IL UN SERVICE DE NAVETTE ENTRE LE VILLAGE DE L’ETAPE DU TOUR ET LE DEPART DE L’EPREUVE ?
En 2015, le village de l’Etape du Tour et le site de départ ne sont distants que de quelques kilomètres, aucun service de navette ne sera donc proposé pour relier les deux sites.
Nope, since the two sites are only a few kilometers apart this year.

Good luck on the ride, I just did parts of it during the Marmotte - beautiful countryside.

othello | 8 years ago
0 likes

Anyone out there got any idea on this? Etape website doesn't have any info...  14

Latest Comments