Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Big toe injury

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster.

I managed to slice the skin off the end of my big toe in a flip-flop/rock injury at the weekend. The skin's gone from a 20p sized area on the end, but the exposed flesh underneath is in relatively good nick (though sore).

Wondered if anyone had any advice as to whether I should/shouldn't continue to ride whilst it's healing and any tips for protecting it.

I ride clipped in and although have done the commute with my shoes on, it didn't feel great. Not sure I'd want to do any long training rides as it stands.

Thanks  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Derny | 8 years ago
0 likes

I would put antibiotic ointment on it, cover it up, go for a modest ride as a trial, see how it goes. What could possibly go wrong?  39

farrell | 8 years ago
0 likes

Germoline new skin is good for awkward injuries like this.

The first layer may burn like the fires of hell, but you can build up a few layers to protect the injury.

bechdan | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you can get a compeed blister patch to fit that should work nicely, its designed to replace missing skin untill its started to heal underneath.

joemmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

clean it, dress it properly then grit your teeth and imagine you are 'suffering' in a grainy black and white advert for some upmarket cycle brand. You'll feel much better.

jimniod | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yep. Definitely not me being a clumsy idiot.

PhillBrown | 8 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

flip-flop/rock

I hope this was an injury caused whilst you were fighting a rockstar who was wearing flip flops?

Latest Comments