Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Adamo sit position

Hi,

I apologise if this is a tired question, but I purchased an Adamo Road (& a Prologue actually) due to soft tissue issues with other saddles.

Im very new to cycling and hoping that the ISM saddles will help overcome this painful problem, but Im not sure quite WHERE I'm supposed to sit.

I have moved the saddle quite far back and try to sit further forward, but i read that maybe Im actually supposed to 'perch' on the prongs, rather than have my behind on the actual seat anywhere, and that I will become accustomed to this position, as this is where the magic lies.

I find it more uncomfortable on my trainer than on the road, though a definite improvement over the Selle Diva and Charge Spoon saddles I have already tried....which are now stored in a drawer.  1

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I adapted by doing lots of short rides 10 miles then 20 miles. Then bliss  1

teefin1 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thank you for replying. I too have read that after the adjustment period that many swear they would not go back.

I find it more comfortable than the other saddle I have tried, and have watched the video on the saddle fit, but still find myself unsure of whether to perch my sit bones on the prongs or just further behind them.

A lot of reviews are from men who say that the 'bits and bobs' hang off the front, but as a women I can't really compare. lol.

I went out for a ride this morning and still had pain in the pubic bone area, though I'm finding the Prologue a little more forgiving in back/forward wiggle than then Road version.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Give it time for your body to adjust to resting weight on your sit bones. It took several hundred miles for myself to settle into the saddle. I love it now, I can do 100 miles and not feel I have been sat for 6 hrs plus.

I was at a time trial last week and several riders had them, all mirrored my comments about a period of adaption but then said it was the best saddle they have ever used.

wellcoordinated | 8 years ago
0 likes

http://www.ismseat.com/setup-guide/ There are anatomical pictures and videos on the ISM site, so you should be able to get it just right.

Latest Comments