Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shipping Bike to Italy

Hi,

I'm thinking of having a bike shipped from the UK to Italy. I have come across a company based in Liverpool call Sendbike.com who's rates are very good. Has anyone else used them? or can someone recommend anyone?

Many thanks
Fraser

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Dnnnnnn | 8 years ago
0 likes
drillsmills | 8 years ago
0 likes

I agree (with one of the posts at least)... Sendbike (who also trade as goparcellexpress) are really useless but more than that they are boarder-line fraudulent as they will charge you for extra insurance but will not provide it. My sincere advice is stay well away from these people. If there are any issues you have no contact number to call, they exist more or less on paper only hiding behind Courtenay Heart Ltd. I repeat, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and try Paisley Freight instead, at least they have a telephone number and real address but if I were going to send a bike again I would simply book it directly with a courier and deal as customer to courier because all these companies act merely as freight forwarders so any problems that occur and you're on your own.

Cycle the world | 8 years ago
0 likes

I used them to send my bike and my wife's for our holiday in France and back once our holiday was over, had no issues with them. They even provided me with 2 bicycle boxes, our bikes got delivered two days after which was a great start to my holiday. Going to use them again next year

christopherslim | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can only urge you in the strongest possible terms to avoid. Tempted by the cheap price I used them last week and found them to unreliable, unhelpful and unswervingly incompetent.

christopherslim | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can only urge you in the strongest possible terms to avoid. Tempted by the cheap price I used them last week and found them to unreliable, unhelpful and unswervingly incompetent.

Latest Comments