Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shame a foul-mouthed camera-holding car driver?

Can anyone demonstrate a way of shaming this idiotic car driver who 'videoed' a chain-gang on his hand held camera while demonstrating how he breaks the speed limit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijaWmr6OYC4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

Al__S | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, the Barton-Haslingfield road surface is nasty

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

The other thing I noticed was the road was in a shocking state along a good deal of it, like a drain had been laid along the length about a metre from the left hand side, and it had been badly filled in after. You can't ride a bike in there, and you shouldn't be expected to.

bikebot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Has an outraged opinion piece about the "Driving Stasi" appeared in the Daily Mail yet?

atgni | 8 years ago
0 likes
aje replied to atgni | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sadly Crimestoppers will not accept reporting of driving offences; also Cambs Police are a little bit behind the times in not accepting on-line reporting, but 101 can be a struggle and possibly overkill.

Al__S | 8 years ago
0 likes

The riders he thinks have been "dropped" or the one that "goes the wrong way" are probably not part of the group. Almost certainly. Funnily enough, even at just after 9am on a Sunday morning there's generally cyclists around near Cambridge.

He makes some comment about them doing 32 in a 30 zone... really holding him up there

Watching carefully, they do stay pretty much 2-abreast, just the lines aren't always straight.

But here's the kicker (and someone did note this, but I'll expand on it). If you pay attention to his rambling it's quite clear his intended route was along the A603 towards Wimpole. When he turns left at Barton onto Haslingfield Road, he's diverting just so that he can film them. That's why he turns right in Haslingfield at the end towards Harlton. Even if he'd been going to Harlton, even with clear roads both ways, he'd be quicker sticking to the main road. Any delay caused to his journey is purely down to him.

As for the speed? I reckon that might be a Sporting group- the fastest of the various Sunday rides- there's groups I'm sure you'd be comfortable in Nixster!

Comrade | 8 years ago
0 likes

We'll aje , I reckon you just bumped this guys audition tape for the Top Gear job!

OldRidgeback | 8 years ago
0 likes

Overtaking on a blind bend, worth six points. Using a smartphone while driving, three points and speeding, another three points. That's 12 points and a ban if the police bother to take action.

dunnoh | 8 years ago
0 likes

He actually keeps well back and gives a wide berth. Its only words and he just makes himself look a little silly and childish.

The cyclists are ruddy amazing though. Thats one hell of a pace!

vonhelmet | 8 years ago
0 likes

He says something about sticking his phone to his steering wheel, and the angle of the camera does seem to track with the steering, but he also moves to showing the speedo and so on with ease, so I think maybe he's just holding it in his hand against the wheel.

Bit of a nob, whatever he's doing.

Beatnik69 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I doubt that he is recording hands free as he records out of the side window at the start before returning to filming through the windscreen. Perhaps he's recording on a helmet mounted GoPro.  21

Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes

Seems to me he is just trolling for hits, cyclists are an easy target to wind up.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I quite enjoyed that, I've sounded very similar behind chaingangs taking the piss a bit, long straights and the string out so you've no chance of passing even if you could.

He gave them plenty of room, ok, should not have been filming on his phone or whatever, if he had a handsfree and used that to film, it would have been ok. Give him a break, his driving was pretty safe, so apart from a little rant, which we all have from time to time, I'd just leave it there.

Flying Scot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Slob wants to clean the dust from the inside of his jalopy as well.

mike the bike | 8 years ago
0 likes

Come now gentlemen, rein it in a bit. Granted, the chap is no budding Steven Spielberg, but basically he was just rambling on like we all do sometimes and his driving wasn't too bad.

(I don't know if the camera was in his hand or perhaps attached to his clothing, so I won't comment on that.)

barbarus | 8 years ago
0 likes

Criminal use of portrait mode for filming. Obvious moron.

Leviathan replied to barbarus | 8 years ago
0 likes
barbarus wrote:

Criminal use of portrait mode for filming. Obvious moron.

Say no to Vertical Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

just a bit of fun. The ramblings of this guy and how much entertainment he gets out of his own voice suggest he wouldn't do anything to hurt a cyclist, but he is the thin end of the wedge and there are much more stupid and rash people out there he is encouraging.

Nixster | 8 years ago
0 likes

I don't know what's more concerning:
The fact tat there are such hypocritical tossers out there
The fact that he lives near me and drives on roads I ride
The fact that I've got sweet FA chance of keeping up with Cambridge CC's group ride.

Probably the last one.

kwi | 8 years ago
0 likes

Did he turn off to follow them? Then complain of being 10 minutes late?

Mungecrundle | 8 years ago
0 likes

Camera work is reasonably good for a handheld, shame it's illegal to use one whilst driving, and of course the crappy attitude as he appears to be complaining that the cyclists are not really holding him up at all as they are riding at the speed limit or above for most of the posted video but I think if you turn the sound off then we can forgive him all that for the footage of some quite impressive group riding.

Well ridden Cambridge CC

Kadinkski | 8 years ago
0 likes

What does piss head actually mean in English? I thought it was a drunk.

fukawitribe replied to Kadinkski | 8 years ago
0 likes
Kadinkski wrote:

What does piss head actually mean in English? I thought it was a drunk.

Yeah pretty much, or someone behaving as if drunk.

farrell | 8 years ago
0 likes

He's a grown man that plays with toy cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fy6hKNBu_E

I doubt shame ranks that highly with him.

gazza_d | 8 years ago
0 likes

Pass to Cambridgeshire police perhaps? That is shocking and clearly breaking laws.

Bloody vigilante camera using car drivers

Daveyraveygravey | 8 years ago
0 likes

Scumbag. Not sure how he could be identified though. All the comments are anti him, which is a relief.

"Funny commentary supplied by me" - what a dick! "20 abreast" ?! Apart from you can't see the bikes through the other car for half the video.

Latest Comments