Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tyres for campagnolo proton or easton ea50 sl wheelset

A friend of mine said he had trouble getting tyres on these wheels. I was convinced maybe he had the wrong size tyres for the wheels so offered to get them on for him. And lets just say I had to make a tactical retreat.......  14
Apparently according to some threads on the net these wheels can be hard to get tyres on.
Any thoughts for any tyres that might be easier to put on. One of the tyres we tried were luganos and they are normally pretty easy I find but even they didn't want to go on!!! Any ideas!!!!!!?????? Cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

whizzkid | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys for answering thread, but the problem is my friend needs to be able to get these bl***y things off and on again at the roadside if he punctures! These rims are so tight even getting ONE side of the tyre on is nigh on impossible! I would have got them on EVENTUALLY but would have been pointless cos he would have never got them off and on again! Cheers again for answering, those are good suggestions but I realise I didn't ask the question clearly enough so I have reraised under another thread!!

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Soapy water OR talcum powder can help get the last section of bead over the rim

Flying Scot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Some rims are hard to get folding tyres on, campag definitely are.

You will find though that a rigid tyre or a previously fitted folder goes on more easily.

The other thing is, you need to pull ans stretch the bead around the rim like a tubular before flicking the last bit over worth a lever.

Latest Comments