Home

If anyone has an entry they cant use please let me know and I'll pay you the entry fee back.

Thanks

email in profile

10 comments

Old Cranky [257 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Do you enjoy fixing punctures from carpet tacks?

adscrim [139 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

IMG state the entry is non transferable and require photo id at registration. I'd suggest you shouldn't be giving someone £56 because I doubt you'd be able to use the entry.

Mr Sock [155 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

What's to stop you bunking in by simply going up there and riding the course? It's on a public road (even if it is closed to traffic) just start a little way down the course and save yourself £56 - you could even donate the cash to charity or have £56 more to spend on the local economy.

Okay, you won't have a number, although you could make your own  13 and you can certainly do your own timing.

Simon_MacMichael [2452 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Mr Sock wrote:

It's on a public road (even if it is closed to traffic)

Aren't bicycles traffic?  39

I remember watching Stage 1 of the TDF in Greenwich and just after the race had been through, a rag-tag bunch of 20 or so cyclists arrived, taking advantage of the closed roads on everything from top-notch road bikes through fixies to one guy on a full susser.

I subsequently met one of them at the TOB who said that some of them got as far as Dartford before the police stopped them  4

0 likes

motorised traffic  1

Simon_MacMichael [2452 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Fringe [1047 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

I remember watching Stage 1 of the TDF in Greenwich and just after the race had been through, a rag-tag bunch of 20 or so cyclists arrived, taking advantage of the closed roads on everything from top-notch road bikes through fixies to one guy on a full susser.

I subsequently met one of them at the TOB who said that some of them got as far as Dartford before the police stopped them  4

that sounds fantastic, often (well not that often but) wondered why more people dont just roll up to any sportive and take part...

0 likes

Yeah, I'm thinking Flash Mob on bikes… where does the Etape Caledonia start again?  1

miffed [162 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Starts in pitlochry. Did the route at the weekend. It was great, the route was really quiet only saw a handful of cars all route.

Unfortunately had a spill and therefore can vouch for the brilliance of the health centre got my face cleaned and glued up really quickly.

Tony Farrelly [2868 posts] 6 years ago
0 likes

Ouch! Sorry to hear that miffed - what caused the spill?