Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Finding appropriate shorts for my Arione

I’ve recently been bought a Fizik Arione R3. I’m aware performance saddles are tougher than stock saddles for entry-level bikes, but I’ve found myself somewhere between real discomfort and in outright pain.

Shorter rides are good, so I feel like the fit is appropriate: though I’m relatively inexperienced so I have little authority to say.

I think the issue is that my bibs are cheap (never more than £25), and by the 90 minute mark of any ride – it begins to hurt quite a lot. I’m slightly reticent to blame the bibs because surely even cheap shorts would make my saddle feel a little less like concrete?

I really am a little lost, and if anyone could offer some advice that’d be greatly appreciated. (I’m happy to fork out for some higher-end bibs if that is the problem)

Thanks in advance!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Spending the max is not necessarily the answer.
My castelli free aero race bibs are less comfortable than my dhb bibs...
Also getting a decent bike fit is very important, maybe ask a local shop for some advice.
also it could just be getting used to a new saddle and suddenly upping the miles.

Latest Comments