Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone else on Ventoux this Saturday ?

A bit of a long shot but I am trying to find out if the summit was shut at some point on Saturday 20th ?
I ask because I was attempting the club des cingles and was going up for the second ascent when were told not to by one of the marshalls for the "cannibale" event. Admittedly the mistral was blowing in full force on the first ascent, sufficiently strong to blow first off my bike and then off my feet !
I ask as I would just like to confirm one way or the other. Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

arfa | 8 years ago
0 likes

I did the classic Bedouin ascent then descended into Sault (as the Mistral was blowing up the north face and it just seemed reckless to try and descend into a wind of that strength on an unsheltered mountain).
The views are fantastic and the ride down into Sault is sublime (through a gently opening forest and then into lavender fields). I will be back and I would thoroughly recommend it as one for the list as it is a stunning place to ride. Do not be put off by the mythology of the mountain - yes it is tough in that it is very long but it is a steady gradient at 8% average but it never kicks up beyond 12%.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Shame about the weather, must of been quite frightening. How did you find the first accent, which side did you do?

Latest Comments