Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fact is stranger than fiction

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

OldRidgeback | 14 years ago
0 likes

A kid I knew once made his own super extended forks for his bike. It looked interesting but creaked when you rode it and I never felt safe on that thing. I remember seeing images of a bike built from plywood - interesting material with a high strength/low weight and it was used to good effect in the WWII DH Mosquito bomber/fighter bomber.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

a friend of mine once made a bike out of old tubing, but because he didnt have a welder he hammered the tube ends flat, drilled holes and then bolted the whole shebang together.. it rode okay, but i never felt that 'safe' on it..

Simon_MacMichael | 14 years ago
0 likes

Weird and wonderful home-made bikes are all well and good, but its not like anyone's ever going to set the World Hour record on one, is it?  3

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

yeah what happened to that..at one point i thought they were going to start selling them.. i would have got one for sure, looked like fun, except in the rain  4

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

the wooden bike is excellent - a kid at a British school made something similar with a wooden sprocket and chain, I remember trying to get pictures of it when I worked somewhere else  1

If memory serves someone also made a 'functional' cardboard bike too a few years back

Latest Comments