Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized Allez Sport 2014 v 2015

So I've decided I'm getting an Allez Sport, seems like a good bike with great reviews but is there much difference between last years & this years models?

The 2014 model is £500, I can afford the extra £100 for the newer model but is it worth it? What's the differences between the two?

Any help welcome!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

ibr17xvii | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can afford the extra for the 2015 model but obviously I'd rsather save it if there isn't much difference between the 2.

The trouble is I kinda like the Gloss Red / Matte Black colours of the 2014 version rather than the Gloss Green / Charcoal of the 2015 models but I'm very hesitant to buy a bike online that I haven't seen in the flesh.

Decisions decisions  7

MartyMcCann | 8 years ago
0 likes

Apart from colour the only real differences I can see are that the 2014 is Sora throughout (including brakes) while the 2015 has Sora chainset and Axis brakes.
One is A1 aluminum the other E5- while one is supposed stiffer than the other generally most people admit they wouldn't feel the difference.

Both types of brakes will stop you so it may simply come down to which colour option you prefer- are you willing to spend more if you like better?

Latest Comments