Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Flat feet

As you can probably guess from the title I have flat feet. I don't mean a little low, I mean pancake flat like ducks feet.
I use clip in pedals on my road bike which are not usually a problem but when I ride for more than 4 hrs my ankles start to ache.
I currently using DHB shoes and I'm thinking there must be something better suited out there.
Anyone in the same situation?
Any recommendations?

Thanks guys

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

flyingpitman | 8 years ago
0 likes

You could go to a specialized store and ask about a foot bed test.
http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bodygeometry/gear there's more and more of bike fitting dealers and you may find one in your local area.

chilievans | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks fir the replies.
I'll check out the insole option  3

pants | 8 years ago
0 likes

do you use flat feet insoles? i am guessing the insoles is more important than the shoes as long as the shoes itself is not restricting.

wellcoordinated | 8 years ago
0 likes

Nobody here can tell you what shoes you should by, but here is my top dollar suggestion. Go and buy a reasonably comfy pair of shoes that suit you needs price point etc. Then go and see a podiatrist. Take you new cycling shoes with you and ask the podiatrist to sort you out. Most likely he will make you some carbon insoles to fit you and your shoes. This will correct the ankle issue. Be prepared for the insoles to cost more than your shoes unless you buy top of the range shoes.

Good Luck

Latest Comments